Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Reading Diary A: Canterbury Tales Unit



"The Canterbury Tales" by Eljiasan. Source: DeviantArt.
READING A:

The Wife of Bath's Tale: The Unknown Bride
The Unknown Bride (cont.)
  • I had a feeling that this story would end up as a "happily ever after" with the old woman actually being a beautiful young maiden
  • It kind of reminds me of the beginning of Beauty and the Beast where the witch disguised herself as an old hag
  • I really liked this story
  • Possible storytelling post
The Friar's Tale: The Story of the Summoner
The Story of the Summoner (cont.)
  • I didn't really understand what was happening until the end of the story for this one
  • So the fiend was actually a devil from hell. I thought he was just joking.
The Franklin's Tale: The Promise of Dorigen
The Promise of Dorigen (cont.)
The Promise of Dorigen (cont. again)
The Promise of Dorigen (end)
  • It's sweet to see how much Dorigen loved her husband.
  • The squire had a kind of "love at first sight" moment
  • Arviragus was actually really nice to let his wife go... I would have thought he would fight for her.
  • I felt like Arviragus was the most generous, but all three were very generous
  • that was a great story too
  • The ending was very clever in that they were trying to find Death and eventually did find him
  • The 3 men were equally wretched in this story
  • I wonder who the old man really was; was he Death?

No comments:

Post a Comment