Sunday, August 30, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 1

Since it was just orientation week, I will skip over the My reading for this week and My best writing for this week posts. 

Other people's writing.
Reading through other people's writing opened up my eyes for new ways of writing. I read some stories that were very detailed in terms of character actions and settings. I think I could do that in the future for my own stories since I am currently not very good at setting and character development. I saw some excellent stories that kept me on my toes. I would like to adapt those characteristics into my own writing since I feel like my own can be a little boring at times. 

My other classes. 
Since it's just the first week of classes, I'm not drowning in coursework. Yet. On the very first day of classes, all of my professors jumped right into the lessons and that kind of stressed me out because I have been used to the first day just being syllabus day for the past year or so. But I'm a junior now, so I will get used to it! There haven't been any connections with this class and my other classes yet, but hopefully I can make some connections in the future. Although.. I like that there isn't a way to relate this class to my other ones just because they are all science classes (cell bio, biochem, social psych, etc). This class gives me a break from all of the science so I can just let my creativity have some fun! :)

Outside of school.
There hasn't been much going on outside of school. I've been enjoying the free stuff on campus this past week, like the free food and shirts! It's going to be less exciting next week once it all goes away. On another note, I was worried about parking on campus this year because much of the parking spaces have been taken away in order to do reconstruction, but it seems like it isn't too bad for me since my classes are mostly at 8:30am and that's when there aren't very many cars parked. It's a shame that parking is a huge issue for universities, though. Here's to another good week, self! 

No comments:

Post a Comment