Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Storybook Favorites

MermaidsOnly.com

As I was scrolling down the list of storybooks, I thought this one had an interesting title so I clicked on it. I mean, mermaids only? I am not too familiar about mermaid lore, but I had a feeling this would be interesting just based on the title. Little did I know that this was a creative little gem because this storybook is actually set up to look like a dating site! Wow, it blew me away as I went through the tabs because of how detailed it was as well! The little testimonials page with the love stories that came true and the profile pages kept me interested. I also liked that the background for the page was just water--as if I was a mermaid under the sea! I think I would like to implement this set up into my own storybook so that my readers will feel as if they're inside the story itself. I also liked that the author included a little search bar on the top right of the page to make it even more realistic looking.

Screenshot of MermaidsOnly.com storybook.
Link to storybook: MermaidsOnly.com


Truth be told, I enjoyed the movie "Mean Girls" in middle school. A lot. My friends and I would always make jokes that were based on the movie, so I knew that I would have a great time reading this. And I was right! The author linked each of her stories to a story in Aesop's fables all the while incorporating little details of the movie here and there. The topic and stories were very creative and I liked that the physical layout was pink, like everything in "Mean Girls."


This was one of the random storybooks that popped up when I was refreshing the page. As soon as I saw the title, I thought it alluded to "The Princess Diaries" and hoped that this story would be written in the same style. "The Princess Diaries" series is one of my favorite series, so I was quite excited to see what was in store. As soon as I landed on the introduction page, I was met with a question that made me want to know more about the story. It turned out that I was right about the storybook being written like a diary and I enjoyed reading from the princes' perspective. These types of 'diary' stories are generally written from a female perspective and I liked that the author twisted it around, which made it more interesting to read for me. Another great thing about this storybook was that the author created a site map on the last link, which was a nice touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment