Thursday, August 20, 2015

Favorite Place


Photo of a bridge and surrounding houses at night in Hoi An, Da Nang, Vietnam.
"Hoi An (Japanese Bridge)" by Hühnerauge, April 2013. Source: Flickr.

Hoi An will always be a special place to me not only because of its raw beauty, but due to the fact that it is my hometown. Although I left this place at a young age, my memories will never fail to bring me back. I especially loved the night scenes and how the river would always hold the reflection of the moon in its flowing arms. People were always out and about once the sun had set because there was less heat and so there was a cheerful atmosphere from the hustle and bustle (imagine lots of children running around while giggling, grown-ups conversing, and occasional voices and sounds from the night market), albeit rather crowded. It has been a long time since I have returned, but looking at pictures of Hoi An brings back a sweet kind of nostalgia as I reminisce about my childhood.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a beautiful picture, Phoi, and I hope very much you will get to go back to Hoi An to visit someday. There are so many places in Asia I would like to visit, and Vietnam is one of them. We don't have a unit specifically on Vietnam in the UnTextbook, but there are some wonderful resources online, and a few years ago a student did a truly amazing Storybook project set in Vietnam; you might like to take a look!
    Living in the Past: Tales of Ancient Vietnam
    The design is lovely, and the stories are really marvelous!

    ReplyDelete