Thursday, August 27, 2015

Week 1 Curation

I am very familiar with the act of bookmarking websites. I use three different browsers (Safari, Chrome, and Firefox) that each have a different purpose and their own set of bookmarks. For example, my Safari browser is the one I use the most to do schoolwork; therefore, on my bookmark toolbar I have instant access to oZone, D2L, Myth/Folklore, etc. On the other hand, my Chrome browser is mainly used to for entertainment, so I have YouTube, Tumblr, Facebook, and various social media outlets on the toolbar. For most of my online resources, I use my bookmarks and it's working quite well for me. If I deem something important, it's definitely going to have a bookmark. If not, then... I can always search for it in my history!

Out of the three curation spaces mentioned, I am only familiar with Twitter. I do have a twitter account that is gathering digital dust out there somewhere because I am sometimes too lazy to post on there. The only time I go on Twitter now is to check @FreeFoodatOU and @OUParking. I know what Pinterest is, but I have never made an account or explored it to see what it is all about. I am completely unfamiliar with Known. I think the curation space that I like the most would be Tumblr, which is what I currently use just because it has a simple interface (which basically consists of liking, blogging, and reblogging). I think I would like to use Pinterest since it is more of a visual social platform.
A screenshot of my new Pinterest Mythology/Folklore board.

No comments:

Post a Comment