Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 6: Famous Last Words

The reading went really well for me this week! I liked the stories that I read. However, I felt like my writing wasn't that good this week. I'm not sure why, but I will make sure I do better next week! One thing that surprised me the most was the Prof Laura really liked my introduction post for my storybook. To be honest, when I was writing it, I wasn't sure where it was going until I got finished writing. I ended up writing the middle part, the beginning, and then the end in that order. I'm proud that I was able to write something that was enjoyable at least! 

Unfortunately, these past few weeks in my other classes have been a struggle. It's hard keeping up with everything, but I'm trying my best to get back into the groove so that I won't be too stressed out all the time. In the upcoming week, I have one exam and a paper due. Then the week after that, I have two exams. It almost seems like students don't really get a break in between exams. It's a constant grind, but that's okay! It's better than sitting there and playing with your thumbs all day. :)

I do want to emphasize something that I learned this week. One of my friends brought this up to me this weekend that people should not be afraid to speak up on social media. I know that it is hard to motivate yourself to speak up for something you believe in, especially on social media, because it's so easy for one person to attack another. But it is important that you do so because if you feel like someone is posting something offensive, but you don't say anything about it... Then in a way, you are condoning their actions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment