Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 8: Famous Last Words

There was no reading for this week, so yayayay! I felt that this week in this class went breezily, which allowed me to focus on my midterms more. I'm quite thankful for that. I didn't do much writing for this week, but I did go over the first story in my portfolio. I don't know if it's just me, but when I first write a story, I tend to hate my work. But as I read and reread them, the better I feel about the stories I write. For the Cupid story, I wasn't too sure where I was going with it, but after looking through all of the comments from my classmates as well as the comments from Prof Laura, I feel like I could add this story to the short list of good stories I have ever written. I've been looking at some other stories my classmates have written and they are so sooo creative. There was one with a love story between a human and a faerie and one that was very impactful in regards to the its underlying message. The more I think about it, the harder it is for me to explain the success to writing stories since I don't know how people manage to spin something so amazing from something so simple. These days, I find it hard to get inspiration for my stories, which is kind of sad because I want to write something that others will enjoy reading. But I will try my best for the storytelling this coming Wednesday.  As for my other classes, I'm still trying to stay afloat on my little boat as I going down the rough river that is school haha. My midterms are over with at this point, so I am a little relieved.. that is, until another wave of exams comes. I'm going to try to enjoy my one stress-free week before more work piles up again as we finish the second half of this semester. 

The higher you climb, the more you can see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment