Thursday, October 8, 2015

Week 7: Growth Mindset

LEARN MORE ABOUT MINDSETS

A resource that I found on the growthmindsetmemes blog was: 

If parents want to give their children a gift, the best thing they can do is to teach their children to love challenges, be intrigued by mistakes, enjoy effort, and keep on learning. That way, their children don't have to be slaves of praise. They will have a lifelong way to build and repair their own confidence.

- Carol Dweck

Image taken from Growth Mindset memes blog.



I found that this is really important. When I was a kid growing up, I loved to hear praise from my parents and teachers. So much so that once I didn't get the praise that I wanted to hear, I ended up feeling unsure of myself and wanting to give up on what I was working on. Thinking back, I wish that I was taught to accept more challenges as a kid rather than having to learn on my own how to challenge myself. I feel like when I have my own children, I would like to instill this into them!

No comments:

Post a Comment