Sunday, October 11, 2015

Week 7: Famous Last Words

My reading for this week. 
The reading went really well. I especially liked reading the Tibetan Folk Tales unit. Out of all of the multi-story fairy tale units I have read, this has to be my favorite just because there is a moral and the stories are more developed. The characters are dynamic as well. Unfortunately, I missed the Monday assignment, so I did the first part of the reading for Tuesday and then I read the rest of it for my extra reading diary assignment. I am okay with my reading diary. I think this time, I will try to keep it nice and short since I noticed that I write a little too much. 

My best writing for this week. 
I did my best writing for this week in this class. All of my writing in my other classes pale in comparison because it is technical writing. I don't have a chance to be as crazy and creative with my imagination. :) I really liked my story for this week because it seemed so... for lack of a better word, crazy. This is just because I don't know where I got the plot for the story from because the original story was about a man faking murder but mine was about a man robbing a bank haha. It was very weird for me to think about after I wrote it, but I do have a sense of accomplishment once I read it over because it's so different for me. 

My Other Classes.
In my other classes, there is SO much going on. In one of them, I have not seen the teacher in 3 weeks. That's mostly because we only meet once a week, but she has been out due to illness. Unfortunately, it was during the time frame of when we had a bunch of assignments due, so we could not reach out to her for tips, advice, or any general questions about the assignments. In another one of my classes this week, I had an exam that I kind of stressed about, mostly because I left it on the back burner for a while. I ended up getting an A on the exam, however (so yay!). Then in two of my hardest classes, I am struggling to catch up with the workload. You would think it would be easy to read 30-40 pages of a chapter a day since reading is my forte, but it's nearly impossible if the material is dry and the writing style of the textbook is too wordy. But I am optimistic about the future of this semester! 

Something that intrigued me this week was that Microsoft announced some new gear that invented! I saw the Surface Book and it blew me away! It's pretty cool, but too expensive for me at the moment. :(

Microsoft Surface Book on display. 
Source: PCAdvisor.

No comments:

Post a Comment