Saturday, September 12, 2015

Week 3: Growth Mindset

For this week, I did the writing challenge! I didn't think about changing my writing style at all until I came across another student's blog while perusing the blog directory and I saw that he/she was using poetry. I thought that it would be impossible for me to do since I'm no poet, but I decided to give it a try! It turned out to be a better experience than I thought it would. It was a little difficult finding words that would rhyme and then piece them into the story all the while making the whole thing make sense, but I definitely feel proud of myself after finishing my story. It's not the best poetry since I feel like it doesn't flow very well, but I feel like I accomplished something just from trying it out. Maybe I can work on making my poetry flow in the future!

"It takes work to built a masterpiece" meme by Laura Gibbs. Source: Growth Mindset Memes Blog.

2 comments:

  1. I am really glad that you took up this challenge, otherwise, I (we) would've missed out on such a beautifully written poetry. Me personally wouldn't have taken on this part of the challenge as I'm not very good at making things rhyme, but you did an excellent job. And don't be hard on yourself, as it was really good. Again, good job on the story and good job on completing the challenge for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so cool, Michelle! I am a big fan of poetry, and a lot of people are fans of poetry without realizing it because of course music lyrics are poetry too! And just like with music lyrics, sometimes poetry rhymes, sometimes it doesn't... and there are so many different forms of poetry! Poetry Forms is a good website that lists so many different forms of poetry, and each one links to a page with more examples.

    And now you've got me thinking: I should write up an explicit poetry challenge and include some links to different forms of poetry people might experiment with! So, THANK YOU: I will try to do that this weekend and maybe we will have more people writing poetry this semester... which I would say is a good thing for sure!

    Happy Friday!!!!

    ReplyDelete