Saturday, September 12, 2015

Week 3: Famous Last Words

My reading this week: 

This week's reading was interesting. It was a little difficult for my to comprehend it all because the language was different than what I was used to, but I enjoyed deciphering the story. I did have time to do both portions this week as well as do an extra reading! I am happier with my Reading Diary strategy this week because I was recording more of the important part of the story rather than trying to include notes of every little event.

Your best writing for this week: 
This class is the only class that I do writing for at the moment, but I was proud of this week's writing as well! I tried a new style of writing: poetry. It was very different and I enjoyed it. I hope my readers/classmates will find it interesting as well!

Other people's writing:
This week, my favorite storytelling post was written by Justin Robbins. I was looking around for a story to do my feedback practice on and I stumbled on his week 6 retelling. It's an excellent one where Justin wrote the story from a doctor's point of view and the protagonist in the original story was the patient with hallucinations. The way he connected the events of the story to "real life" was great. For my storybook, I had originally planned to do something similar to this! After reading Justin's story, it definitely inspired me to think of more ways to spice up my own stories. 

My other classes:
Things in my other classes are going okay. I have two exams next week on the same day. Eep! They are two of my harder classes as well -- cell biology and introduction to biochemistry. In order to get more study time, I'm going to try to finish week 4 assignments early this upcoming week. 

In celebration of the upcoming midterm week: 

"Just keep studying...studying studying..."
Source: Quickmeme.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle!
    I was browsing your famous last words posts and my attention was drawn by the cute little image of the Dorothy fish with her just keep swimming/just keep studying caption. I can really identify with that this week. These next few weeks for me are too busy for comfort, so I just have to not panic and tell myself it's only for a few weeks and then it will be okay again! I am trying to get stuff done in time to be able to go with my family to see family in Arkansas for Thanksgiving holiday break. If I get behind I will be at home doing homework while everyone else is going to be at a hotel swimming, going out to eat and going to the movies and spending time with loved ones. I just gotta focus, "just keep studying!". I hope you did well on your mid-terms that you were posting this little image about!

    ReplyDelete