Monday, September 28, 2015

Thoughts About Comments

The most helpful comments on my stories are the comments that focus on both the positive and negative aspects of my story. I like it when people tell me what they liked about it as well as what I can do to improve it. Most of us here are pretty timid when it comes to commenting because we don't really know each other, so we tend to leave nicer comments. I would like to focus more on what I can improve, you know?


As for the introduction comments, I feel like it's best if the person could find something that he/she has in common with the person who wrote the introduction and talk about that; that's mostly because we build a connection by having things in common.


As for myself, I already know that I'm guilty of being that "nice commenter" but I am working towards critiquing more. I tend to focus more on what I like about the story and that doesn't help the writer develop his/her story so next time, I will try to provide suggestions for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment