Monday, September 7, 2015

Week 2: Famous Last Words

My reading for this week:
The reading for this week went really well. I enjoyed reading Cupid and Psyche's story. I finished both portion of my reading. I also enjoyed the extra reading unit where I read some Brothers Grimm stories. What I remember best about the reading was part where Psyche found out who her husband really was. I thought it was the most exciting part. Regarding my Reading Diary strategy, I did not like how I did it at first. I wrote a lot more than I should have and didn't focus on what I specifically liked and focused instead on summarizing. I think for the upcoming week, I will do it in bullet form so that I can look over it and get a clearer idea of what my thoughts were. 

My best writing for this week:
I thoroughly enjoyed the week 2 storytelling of my story unit. I liked trying to imagine myself as Cupid in order to write his diary entry. This was my first time writing in this point of view and I think it was a great experience!

Other people's writing: I read a story that was written about a nursery rhyme by one of my fellow classmates, Amanda. It was called The Beginning and I liked her storytelling style. It had a very good hook and ending. The story was very open-ended, which left me wanting to read more of it. 

My other classes: 
My other classes are going relatively well. It has been a little difficult keeping up with assigned readings for other classes because I have had a lot of meetings since classes started but I plan on remedying that this Labor Day weekend. I have been on top of the homework so that I don't lose any points, so everything should be a-okay! 
Difficult is not impossible meme.
"Difficult is not impossible" by Laura Gibbs. Source: Growth Mindset Memes

Outside of school:
Here are some upcoming events at OU:
  • Vietnamese Student Association 1st General Meeting Thursday, September 10 at 6pm at the Henderson-Tolson Cultural Center. Here is the Facebook event page: Facebook.
  • Be the Change 2015: This is a community service event on September 26 held by Delta Phi Omega Sorority, Inc., Delta Epsilon Psi Fraternity, Inc., and Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity. It's a smaller version of The Big Event here at OU. Facebook event page: Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment