Saturday, September 19, 2015

Week 4: Curation

My three favorite items from this week are:

The God Checker Website.
I thought it was so cool that there is an entire website dedicated to information of mythological gods! There are gods from a plethora of cultures--such as Oceana, Tibetan, Celtic, and so many more! You can find out information such as how to pronounce the god's name, alternative names, location, power, and even a good/evil rating (which I thought was hilarious). Here is a screenshot of one of the "facts and figures" charts! It doesn't have just this though!

Screenshot of information on Loki. Website: Godchecker.com.

This is a Tumblr blog by Ed Kwong that is dedicated to making art of various mythological creatures such as Leviathan, Cipacli, etc. I liked the artwork style and I think it would be useful for a classmate's storybook or portfolio.

I found a gorgeous picture of Yuki-onna for my own storybook and I wanted to share that. This digital art is so elegant and detailed and the artist captures the ghostly aura that Yuki-onna gives off all the while maintaining her infamous beauty.

Digital art of Yuki-onna.
Posted by PFU *. Website: Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment