Saturday, September 19, 2015

Google Timer Tech Tip

When I'm working, I really like to establish time limits for myself. I feel like this Google timer would be useful, but I'm used to using my phone for alarms. For example, if I have 5 assignments due in a day, I guesstimate how long I think it would take me to finish them. Then I set a timer on my phone to make sure I meet that deadline so that I get everything done in a timely manner. I think this timer will be really useful for people who do the same. 

I also set time limits for my "free time." When I'm studying, I limit myself to 30 minutes of free time to just relax and browse Facebook, YouTube, or Tumblr because it is very easy to get off track and then I can end up browsing for an hour without even realizing it. 

Even if I don't make my "deadlines" sometimes, the timer helps me stay on track! :)

Flying ball cat. That is all.


Meme by me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle!
    This is really a neat idea. I think I will try to use it in my life! I love the tip that you shared about setting timers for doing homework. I have not done this before and I wonder if it will help to kind of reduce the stress of having multiple projects to work on in a timely manner. I love that you are also limiting time spent on social media and fun time. I always feel like I never have enough free time and I feel guilty when I Facebook and Pinterest sometimes. I think if I can set limits and reach those goals I should be able to schedule fun without stress and guilt. Thank you so much for sharing your ideas! You could probably write a whole blog dedicated to these kinds of tips and it would be helpful for others who could use tips for time management!

    ReplyDelete